Monday, May 23, 2011

I'm Serious!

My goal for the summer is to purge more "stuff" and get our house manageable.  Seriously, we're approaching hoarder status.  I was relying on the fact that we might move at the end of this lease (offering an even better incentive to dump stuff) but now that this is looking bleak, I'm diving in.

Josh was getting ready for work the next day (programing the coffee, making his lunch, attempting to track down his ipod to sync it) when he comes into the living room looking like he's been pondering something epic. He says,

"So, when we get the house all cleaned up, I think we should designate a shelf in the basement to survival equipment for the zombie apocalypse.  We need to get two handguns and add another shot gun.  Maybe a whole pallet of ammunition.  We should get a few back up propane tanks for the camping grill.  We should get some water containers and bottled water...."

Seeing my blank look he says, "I'm SERIOUS!"

While I'm not sure that the dead will walk the earth some day, I can't say it would hurt to have some survival equipment stored.  I mean, it WAS just a year ago that we lost water in town.  Not crazy, right?  I mean... not as crazy as the nut jobs that predicted our demise two days ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment