Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Past Revisited

This guy I graduated with (whom I never officially dated but hung out with) has been on my trail for YEARS.  He first attempted to get back into my life back when I was with Sean (over 8 years ago).  One night, he stole a cell phone from a friend of mine and Sean's when we attempted to confront him in person.  We called the cops and he ended up going to jail.

He then proceeded to stalk me, made threatening phone calls and chased me in his car down Lincoln Way.  This went on for a while until he seemed to cool off (of course APD were informed every time something occurred).  Then one day, after several years of not hearing from him (and I'm now dating Josh) we run into each other at a bar I was at with Lydia.  Lydia tells us we should say "truce" and end our "cycle of hate" as she called it.  We talked briefly about what we've been doing with our lives and ended on a friendly note.

Then he pops back into the picture AGAIN.  This time he officially professes the love he's always had for me.  He says I'm his "soul mate," that we belong together and asks me to run away to Nevada (the STATE, not the city in IA) with him.  Of course, I said no and asked him to stop contacting me.  I blocked him on Facebook and on my cell phone.

Tonight, he texts me from a number I don't recognize.  I just switched phones and have discovered I have missing contacts so I asked who it was.  After a few statements that narrowed it down, I figured out it was him.  I tell him that I'm happily married and that Josh is going to loose his mind if he didn't stop.  He then proceeds to freak out... again.  This guys pattern is... Nice guy, nice guy, nice guy then I'm going to FREAK OUT when you reject me.  So, this is what Josh says...

"I mean, I should probably take it as some kind of sick compliment that this dude keeps trying to take my wife away from me.  On the other hand he has a propensity for trying to hurt your feelings which makes me want to shoot him in the neck."

He has a unique way of being protective. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment