Thursday, January 26, 2012

Injured

I had another mishap involving stairs.  This time, much worse than the basement stairs.  I was taking the pups out before bed, at about 10:00 pm.  It was a combination of Otis being eager to pee, bad shoes and slippery steps.  My legs flew out from under me and the full force of my weight came down on the edge of stair RIGHT on my spine and the right side of the "muffin top" portion of my back.  OUCH.

I wanted to take a hot shower immediately.  I knew this was going to hurt and if I could stave off some of the soreness so I could sleep, I would.  Josh got in with me because I wasn't moving around well.  I realized mid-wash that I couldn't get my legs.  I said, in my most impressive whine, "HOW many times are you going to have to bathe me in our lifetimes?!"  (On at least 2 other occasions, he's had to help me shower due to an injury).

He kind of giggled and at the same time said, "Oh, Babe."

"WHAT?!  Don't LAUGH at me... I'm in a LOT of pain."

He says, "I know, I know... but you're so cute and pathetic."

Thanks, Babe.  To be fair, he was very kind during the worst of the pain.  I did go to the doctor eventually.  Just a deep tissue bruise.  There is some color on the surface which looks like, according to the doctor, "lace."  The swelling and muscle spasms are pushing/pulling my spine out of alignment, though.  Horray for muscle relaxers!

No comments:

Post a Comment