Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Doctors

Josh and I are very different when it comes to doctors and visits.  I would always prefer to have him with me.  He doesn't understand why I'd ever want to be with HIM, and prefers that I'm not be there.  He was trying to find a comparison to explain how strange he thinks I am and asked, "Okay, so lets say you're seeing a psychologist.  Would you want me to sit in on those visits?"

I thought about it for a second.  I decided that I honestly wouldn't mind.  Unless, of course, WE were having problems and I needed to vent about HIM.  There is no deep, dark feelings inside me that I would be uncomfortable with him knowing about.  In fact, if he isn't already aware of them, he could probably deduce them.  There is very little I keep "private" from him.

He thinks this is very strange and that I'M the minority.  So, I used the example of my friend Sarah.  "I went with Sarah to her first gyno appointment!  I held her HAND!"

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!"

I laughed a little and explained that it was her first time going, and she did not have the relationship with her mother that I did.  She didn't have the same support I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment