Tuesday, February 14, 2012

More Hurt

I injured myself again.  This time, not quite as embarrassing as a fall on the stairs, but ridiculous nonetheless.  Our mattress had scooted away from the wall.  I got out of bed and lifted the end of the mattress up and scooted it forward (with Josh still on it).  Not smart.  SHOOTING pain through my shoulder and up my neck.

I went to the doctor to get it checked out because, even at rest, I was in a lot of pain.  I had an xray to be sure the extreme tenderness in my collar bone wasn't a break (which, I assume wasn't the case since I didn't get a call).  She set me up with 2 weeks of physical therapy and if that doesn't improve anything, I'm off to the ortho.

This SUCKS.  My back hurt, but at least I could sit on the couch and knit all day.  I can't even do THAT!  if you know me, you know I have a REALLY hard time sitting still or not being able to be productive in SOME way.

Anyway, Josh had some interesting insights on this...

"GEEZ!  We couldn't even win at a losing game!  Shit just keeps HAPPENING!"

"It's not like the Cubs are trying to get you to the show in a hurry.  You don't have to hit 98 on the gun or throw a nasty slide-piece.  You just have to be able to lift your arm."  Always with the baseball... I get this, though.  I'm sure part of my problem is my history as an outfielder.

"On the bright side, you can legitimately opt of out of any manufacturing work!" - "I NEED to work, Babe!" - "I know, but this way you have to focus on where your skill set is definitely best suited, as opposed to the 'strong back, weak mind' bullshit that I've been sentenced to."  Alright, I'll give him that one, too... but I really DO need a job, regardless of what it is.

I said, "I'm going to go do some self-loathing now."  He says, "No you're not.  I'm the one who gets to live in a constant state of self-hatred.  You get to keep pushing.  Let me handle the negative stuff, I'm a pro."  He really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment